So here’s how Microsoft defines humor. I particularly enjoyed noticing the list of Recommended Readings. All Google needs to do is setup a similar definition and the world will be a better place.
What? Can’t take a joke?
Has a positive and constructive sense of humor. Can laugh at himself/herself and with others. Is appropriately funny and can use humor to ease tension.
To improve your proficiency, ask yourself the following questions on a regular basis:
- In a seemingly serious situation, what nuggets of humor or irony can I find?
- When faced with a potentially difficult situation, is there a way that humor could help? Could lead to a better outcome?
- Am I funnier than I think I am? Less funny? Who will give me an honest assessment of my sense of humor?
- Could I start my next meeting, presentation, or conversation by telling a funny story?
- What are the humorous situations in my life that have taught me something?
Microsoft Education Competencies: Humor