I have been making cheesecakes yet again. This time I decided I would attempt to make a favourite of mine. Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake. This took some imagination and a little bit of research. I finally decided to alter a few recipes which I found to make my own.
- One box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- One jar of Nutella
- 1 250g packet of Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
- 100g Butter, melted
- 1 Tub of Double Cream (300ml)
- 1 Tub of Cream Cheese (300g Philadelphia)
- 3 tablespoons of Icing Sugar
- a handful of chopped roasted Hazelnuts (to decorate)
- Line the cheesecake tin with baking parchment
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a mixer and add the melted butter into the mixer. Pulse the mixture till combined.
- Pour into the cheesecake tin and press down firmly
- Whip a bit of the cream with the Philadelphia to soften and remove any lumps.
- Whip the rest of the cream in a separate bowl with the icing sugar
- Add the softened Philadelphia to whipped cream and mix till just combined
- Pour the combined cream cheese mixture into the cheesecake tin, smoothing down with a spatula or spoon.
- Spread a layer of Nutella over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on some roasted chopped hazelnuts
- Add one whole Ferrero Rocher per slice of cheesecake. (usually 8/10 slices)
- If you are making it in a cheesecake tin, line the tin with baking parchment
- Grease the baking parchment with some butter to make it stick to the inside of the tin
- You can make individual cheesecake pots (see picture above)
- Press the digestive biscuit base down gently with a spoon or fingers if you like getting messy
- Dipping the spoon/spatula in water helps the Nutella layer smooth out
I love making cheesecakes almost as much as I love devouring them. I dare you to give this one a try, you will not be disappointed. Happy Cheesecake making!